Convert MicroSoft Streets & Trips into Garmin MapSource waypoints
Here is the general way of moving route points (turns) from S&T into MapSource in just 21 easy steps:
2. Save the file - it will have a .EST extension
3. Open GPS Utility (www.gpsu.co.uk)
4. Go to File, Open to bring up the open dialog window
5. Under the "Files of type:" option, set it to 'Streets and Trips (est)
6. Find the file you just saved and click open
7. Under the "Import what ?" dialog that appears, you should just see Routes selected unless you have Pushpins in your file as well.
8. Hit the OK button and the 'Waypoint ID Generation' window will appear
9. Just use the defaults here (Use full name, if available, Create suffix for duplicates) and hit OK
10. In the "Add to Route ?" window, accept the default number (1) then hit OK
11. You should now have a window opened that shows all of the waypoints.
12. Go to File, Save as to open the 'Save As' dialog window
13. Under the "Save as type:" option, set it to "GPX interchange file (gpx)"
14. Name the file if you want it to be a different name, and remember where you are putting it. It should default to the same name and location as the original S&T file
15. Hit the Save button
16. Open Mapsource
17. Go to File, Open to open the GPX file you just saved. If you have to change the "Files of type: " option to see the file, you can select the "All Files (*.*)" option or the (*.gpx) if you prefer
18. Navigate to your file and hit Open
19. You should now have a Route and a number of waypoints in Mapsource
20. If you double click the route, it will bring up the Route Properties window, where you can hit the 'Recalculate' button to draw the route on the map.
21. Once that is done, you can edit it to fit your desired route, and then transfer it over to the GPS!
[ MTF Home ]
[ Forum Guidelines ]
[ MTF Merchandise ]
[ MTF Calendar ]
[ MTF Tourer's Assistant ] [ MTF Emergency Tags ] [ MTF Commision Program ]
[ MTF Honors Page ] [ Touring Links ] [ Photo Album ] [ MTF Logos ]
[ MTF Business Cards ] [ MTF Gold Dealers ] [ MTF Past Events ]